A couple of thoughts about Slicing:
1. Writing is hard work. I have forgotten that, because I haven’t been writing regularly.
2. Writing seems to be one of those use it or lose it skills. I feel really rusty — both when it comes to pulling my thoughts together and trying to find the right words.
3. Writing was easier when I had more time to reflect. Now that I am just trying to get through each day without messing up too much, I have a lot less time to navel-gaze. Motherhood gives me more to write about for sure, but it does not give me the time to figure out what it all means.
4. I am glad I am doing this. I am doing much better than last year and somehow I feel quietly determined to see this to the end. I feel like this is he first thing I have done for ME in two years.
5. Have I mentioned that writing is hard work?
6. The baby is waking up, I gotta go.
7. Must stop referring to him as “baby.” The boy is two and the size of a moose.