It’s been a crappy week. It should have ended right when it began on Monday, but it had to stretch all the way to today. Ah, blissful Friday!
Here is a log of stuff that got me through, in no particular order:
1. Nyquil ($6.99)
2. New haircut ($75.00)
3. Aveda Lip Saver lip balm ($8.50)
4. Book: Homecoming by Bernhard Schlink ($15.00)
5. New lingerie (too much)
6. Mopey songs from iTunes – Duffy, Brooke Waggoner, Iron & Wine ($20.00)
7. Three hours of pounding clay in pottery class ($200 for six weeks)
8. Cosmopolitan – upcoming this evening ($9.00)
9. Filling half of my Moleskin diary ($14.00)
The feeling that everything will be OK eventually: priceless.
P.S. One of the pieces I wrote a while ago for the Christian Science Monitor was quoted in a book – how cool is that? (See bottom of page 254)